Saturday, September 25, 2004

Last Journal Entry for About 2 Weeks

I've traded houses with friends in the mountains of NC, so I will be gone for about two weeks. I will also visit my son and his family (I have three beautiful grandchildren near Asheville), and see my good friend Lou Ann.

We will drive over to the National Storytelling Festival in Jonesboro, TN, and then head for the mountains of east Tennessee. We'll hike a couple of days to Mt. LeConte near Gatlinburg and then go back to our friends' home for a few days.

So, we'll be without a daily journal until I return home. (Friends staying at my home on Ocracoke declined to write journal entries.) I'm sorry I won't be here to provide a report on hurricane Jeanne, but given it's current track I don't expect much more than rain. Actually it's been beautiful on the island all week. Cool and clear, no bugs, and just delightful.

Please check back in a couple of weeks for more news from Ocracoke.


No comments:

Post a Comment