Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Home again

Hello there. My name is Aimee, Mr. Howard was kind enough to offer me to write today's thoughts from my favorite place in the world. I first came here in 2000 as a lone woman fresh out of college seeking solace and the beauty of nature. I most definitely found it here. This year I am here with my husband Shane and our 11 month old Libbie. It is truly special to see Ocracoke again in the eyes of the two most important people in my life. Libbie saw the ocean for the first time yesterday and she crawled to it, in the likeness of a sea turtle. She crawled with fierce will and joy. What a sight to see. Anyway, it is a beautiful fresh day, the sun is deciding to slide out of the clouds and I feel that I am at home once again on the island of Ocracoke. Until next time...

.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:31 PM

    That was as sweet as could be...it is wonderful to share something you love so much with someone you love. Keep the stars in your eyes, Aimee.

    Jane in New Mexico

    ReplyDelete