Sunday, September 04, 2005

Windows Wide Open

With temperatures in the mid-70's, a gentle breeze, and only a few scattered clouds, this evening is the perfect time to hoist up the windows, open wide the doors, and enjoy an early taste of fall.

Moments ago, lying on my front porch swing playing simple tunes on my harmonica, I could hear a few voices from across the lane and the "clip, clop" of a draft horse pulling a carriage down Back Road. I've dragged myself away from the mellowness of a near-perfect evening to type these few sentences, but I shall not tarry. My daily walk through the village beckons and I must go.

[Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the Old Toothbrush Man, published August 01, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news080105.htm.]

.

No comments:

Post a Comment