Friday, October 07, 2005

Home Again

I arrived home last night on the 5 pm ferry. The sky was cloudy with a few sprinkles of rain, but Pamlico Sound was calm and serene. After ten hours of driving and "road weariness" the tranquility of a leisurely ferry ride was most welcome. I so often hear visitors remark that simply boarding the ferry releases them from the stress of their busy metropolitan lives, and allows them to settle into the peace & quiet that is Ocracoke Island.

Actually I had a wonderful time away from the island. I'll share a little bit about my trip in the next day or so, but right now I suppose I ought to do a little work (oh yes, we actually do work here on the island!). Look for another post tomorrow.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the Old August Storm of 1899, published September 15, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news091505.htm.

.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Hi Philip... glad you're back on the island. I enjoy keeping up with the "happenings" on Ocracoke, I save it for a break when the stress at work gets to me. Also, it's great to sometimes know what's going on down there before Earl does. See you in November, Nora

    ReplyDelete