Saturday, November 19, 2005

Fall Break

We've just published another one of our Ocracoke Newsletters. This month you can read how several of our streets acquired their names (and learn a bit of Ocracoke history in the process). Just click here to read our current newsletter: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news111905.htm. (Look for Part II next month.)

In anticipation of the upcoming holidays we have been adding new items to our web site (e.g. a 2006 Ocracoke calendar, blown glass, pottery, "Ocracoke Album" [a photographic history of the island], & Aladdin lamps). You can see links to these items here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/whatsnew.htm. Of course we always maintain an extensive selection of quality American handcrafts. To peruse our catalog just click here, or on any of the photos in the blue panel on the left.

In other news, the off-season is our opportunity to catch up on long neglected chores and projects. So I will be taking a break from our Ocracoke Journal. Don't go away, though. Jude assures me that she will be keeping you up to date on island events (Monday - Friday). Back in September and early October, when I was off-island, Jude had family visiting and didn't get to post very often.

This month will be different. I am not leaving the island -- just spending time making repairs on my out buildings and rental property (and maybe catching up on compiling my Ocracoke stories). I might even post a journal entry now and then myself. If not, I'll be back at the computer sometime in mid-December. In the meanwhile enjoy a few other perspectives on island life.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Ocracoke Street Names (Part I), published November 19, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news111905.htm.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment