Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It Feels Like Spring

I awoke last night to loud, booming thunder and bright, flashing lightning. I seldom awake during the night, but I sat up with a start. Rain was running down my window panes.

This morning, however, all was quiet. The storm played itself out during the night. Actually, today is overcast but quite warm. It feels like a spring day. I've got lots of work to catch up on, so I'll be at my desk for a while. One nice thing about Ocracoke, however, especially in the winter, is that I might sneak out to the beach for an hour, and then come back here to work later on. I'll let you know if I see any dolphins.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Ocracoke's Street Names, Part II, published December 19, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news121805.htm.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment