Saturday, April 08, 2006

Where is the Rain?

Today's forecast calls for thunderstorms (with the possibility of more hail), but it's bright and sunny outside, with temperatures in the lower 70s. It is windy, though, so I'm guessing that sand is stinging bare legs on the beach.

Yesterday was a busy day for me. Dale & I set more fence posts, ripped boards for palings (I'll still have to point and notch the tops -- they will look much like the palings around the lighthouse grounds), and built a gate. A visiting friend hosted a potluck dinner (at my house) at 6 o'clock, and afterwards I joined my poker buddies until midnight (let's just say it wasn't my most profitable night).

The Village Craftsmen has been getting busier (thanks to Spring Breaks), which is good, but life is still relaxed and almost stress-free. But maybe not quite as relaxed as Clennon Boyette was when he sat at the front desk of the old Wahab Village Hotel (now Blackbeard's Lodge) in the mid-1950s. You can see his photo on page 96 of the recently published book, "Ocracoke in the Fifties."



Click on the photo above for more information about this newly published book.

You can read our latest newsletter here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news031806.htm. It's the story of traditional quilting on Ocracoke Island..

No comments:

Post a Comment