Thursday, March 08, 2007

Business Openings

This morning I had this question on our journal:

"At the end of Thanksgiving week, many businesses were shutting down for the season. With the warm breezes and hints of spring, what's the pace of life these days? Your business opened. What about the coffee shop, The Back Porch restaurant, etc? Folks starting to come out of their winter dens?"

Yes, Village Craftsmen is open -- Wednesday - Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. This is our schedule through the end of this month. Beginning in April we will be open seven days a week, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.

I never seem to know what other businesses are open this time of year. I've heard that the Pony Island Restaurant is open, and I think the Flying Melon Restaurant will be opening in a week or two. Jason's has been open all winter, as has Howard's Pub. I don't know when the Back Porch will be re-opening, and I haven't heard any news of the Coffee Shop either.

Several shops have been open now and then, including Natural Selections and Books to be Red & Deepwater Pottery, all on School Road.

I am guessing that most businesses will be open by the first or second week in April. And maybe it will be warm (and stay warm) by then, too. If any of our local readers know of other openings, just leave a comment.

PS: Ocrakate, I'll be working on your million just as soon as I secure mine (see comment on yesterday's post).

This month's Ocracoke Newsletter tells about island customs relating to death & dying. You can read the newsletter here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM

    The OPS Museum will open to the public on March 29th, 2007 in it's 16th year of operation.

    ReplyDelete