Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thanks

I'd like to thank all of you who took the time to comment on yesterdays blog. I hope those who are so intent on making Ocracoke like "out there" hear your voices. Gated Communities, condos and all those other EX-clusive so called amenities are not what Ocracoke is, was or hopefully ever will be about. Well, Frank and I did go fishing last night after work. Without much rain this summer the beach is all worked up and not easy to drive on so we went over Airport and toward South Point just a quarter mile or so. I can't begin to explain how beautiful it was...just before sunset, full moon rising, the old girl ( the ocean and I are on familiar terms ) flat as my stomach when I was twenty, high tide... just as soft an evening as you could imagine. Stan and Marcie, friends of our from Richmond, met us with subs from Jasons and some lovely beverages. Willie, our Corgi, was in his glory. Willie would rather be on the beach than anywhere. Beach and treat are his two favorite words...I digress. Frank decided to use a special lure of his instead of bait so...on his first cast his line broke and well you get the picture... we won't go into it..... The sun went down as we were drinking our lovely beverages and then somebody turned on the mosquito switch! We made it to our trucks alive with all equipment dog and wife accounted for ,barely. We waved goodbye to Stan and Marcie through closed windows and headed home to soothe our wounds with a Benadryl stick and watch the first new "House" of the season. He really does remind me of Frank.

Our latest monthly newsletter is Lou Ann's story of commercial clamming with 13 year old Morty. You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment