Thursday, February 23, 2012

Concert

Ocracoke Alive, a cultural, artistic, educational, and environmental non-profit group will be sponsoring the Celitc musical band Craicdown in concert on Sunday, February 26, 7 PM at Deepwater Theater.

Craicdown describes its music as WORLD ACOUSTICANA -- acoustic roots music with a high-energy, rock inspired flare. Drawing from both traditional sources as well as penning much of their own material, Craicdown's repertoire includes both songs and instrumental pieces ranging in style from Americana to reggae-sounding vocals, from Celtic influenced jigs and reels to the music of Brazil and Argentina.

The ensemble’s instrumentation sets it apart from other acoustic acts. The band features Rob Sharer on guitar, flute, fiddle and vocals; David DiGiuseppe on accordion and Irish cittern; and Jim Roberts on percussion.

Tickets are $10 Adults, $5 Students

During the following week Craicdown will be giving performances for Ocracoke School students.

Come on out and get inspired by some high quality, energizing music!

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the Civil War on the Outer Banks, Josephus Daniels, Jr, Secretary of the Navy during WWI, and his connection to Ocracoke. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news022112.htm.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:12 AM

    what has happened to your cold. your dire predictions of no posts has resulted in daily posts. Hope you are on the road to recovery as it appears you are...How has the rest of the island fared?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, my daughter Amy wrote the "Sick in Bed" post. I was too out of it to even get to the computer. But she wrote it as if I had written it. She didn't know that I had a couple of blogs already written and ready to post. So that's what I did.

    I have been up and about the last day or two, but I am keeping the Kleenex company in business. I can work for an hour or so, and then I am worn out, so I rest a while, then get back up.

    I think I've got a head cold on top of allergies. I'll be glad when it runs its course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philip,

    I hope that it runs it's course quickly and you are soon back to normal.

    I enjoyed the post about Craicdown. I really liked them when I was able to get to the OcraFolk Fest in 2010. Sorry that I couldn't make it this past year.
    As chance would have it, I'm halfway through an essay that made a mention of them.

    Take care and I hope to be down when I can.

    TTFN, Bear MacDonald

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife and I first heard Craicdown at the Ocrafolk festival a couple years ago and loved them. Wehold the distinction of being the very first people to by their newly released CD, sold for the first time at the festival.We listened to it just the other night and were taken back to Ocracoke.

    ReplyDelete