Monday, May 07, 2012

Windy

My, it was windy yesterday. It blew 15-20 mph all afternoon. Trees were dancing, flags were fluttering, and Pamlico Sound was sprinkled with white caps. The afternoon Hatteras ferries didn't even run until late in the day. Low tides, combined with the wind, kept the boats tied to the docks.

I pulled my boat to the NPS ramp, but decided it was too windy to launch her there. I chose the ramp at the Anchorage Hotel instead. It is not as convenienct because backing down the ramp blocks traffic, but at least I didn't have to contend with the wind and waves. I will post a photo or two of my newly painted skiff in the next day or so.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Project Nutmeg, and how Ocracoke almost became a site for testing nuclear weapons. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news042112.htm.

1 comment:

  1. I've been there when it was windy and we had "sand" sandwiches on the beach. Instead of bologna. Our favorite beach lunch Bologna, cheese, pickles and potato chips.

    ReplyDelete