Monday, September 17, 2012

Cape Lookout

This weekend I went across the sound to Harker's Island for the Fall Membership Meeting of the Friends of Portsmouth Island. After the meeting we caught a ride to Cape Lookout to climb the lighthouse. It was only the second time I had been to Cape Lookout. Here are three photos I took (click on any one to see a larger image):

Approaching the Cape

Looking North

A View from the Balcony








































Look for a few more pictures tomorrow.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of midwifery on Ocracoke. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news082112.htm.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:59 AM

    The only think I can say is "WOW"!! I love OBX. No other place on earth like it. So beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:03 AM

    What a beautiful day! Everyone is screaming at each other this a.m. out in the general office. I am going to hold on to this picture perfect vision and escape. And the Eagles won...should be a peaceful, happy day here! Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Love the photos, Philip. Another spot NC Mainlander will have to visit one of these days. Thanks for sharing.

    I agree with ANON 7:59....there is nothing like OBX! I'm so glad it's in NC!

    ReplyDelete